2022 WISE Fund Criteria and Timeline Announced
A lack of funding dedicated to creating equitable opportunities for women and girls to participate and lead in sport is a barrier to achieving gender equity in Canada. Since 2004, Canadian Women & Sport has awarded over $300,000 in grants through our WISE Fund to leaders and organizations across Canada to help address this gap.
With the support of Sport Canada, the 2022 WISE Fund will again grant 45 organizations $2500 to advance gender equity in Canadian sport.
Applications for the 2022 grant will open on Tuesday, October 12th and close on Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021. To learn more about the criteria of the grant, visit our WISE Fund Application Process page.
WISE Fund 2022 quick facts:
- A minimum of 60% of grant funding will go toward organizations/initiatives directly serving women and girls from underrepresented communities.
- Sport organizations, community organizations, university/college sport programs, schools, and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply.
- Canadian Women & Sport will be offering 15-minute consultation calls at select times between September 27th and October 29th to support applicants with any specific questions related to the eligibility of their initiative.
- Recipients will be announced in late January 2022 and are required to spend grant funding by March 31, 2023 Please read our 2022 Application Guide for more information.
We’ve opened our 15-minute virtual consultation with our staff to help answer any questions about your application or the process. To sign up for a slot, click here.
To get inspired and learn more about previous WISE Fund-supported initiatives, check out our case studies on:
- How Ontario Basketball showcased women leading the way for young girls;
- How Northwest Territories Soccer built role models for girls by breaking down barriers for women to become top-level coaches;
- How Judo Canada held their first-ever Women’s Summit to fight for gender equity;
- How Storm Selects helped Indigenous girls reconnect to their roots through lacrosse;
- How Coach New Brunswick launched a support network for women in coaching.